Welcome to our website: www.bridesofchester.co.uk.
The site www.bridesofchester.co.uk is managed by Brides of Chester.
Our registered address is 4 Northgate Row, Chester, CH1 2SA and our company number is 06588341. Our VAT number is GB 934 1211 59.
We will take all reasonably precautions to ensure your data is kept safe.
- We will only use your personal data to enhance your experience.
- We will take all reasonably precautions to ensure your data is kept safe.
- We will always communicate clearly in a way which is easily understood.
- We will not spam. You will be able to decide how often you hear from us.
- We will only keep your information when necessary – if we no longer need to keep your personal data, we will delete/destroy it.
At Brides of Chester, we view it of the highest importance to protect the privacy and security of our customers personal data. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
How Your Information Will Be Used By Us
We will be using your personal data in different ways. We will be using your name and contact details to:
- Contact you via phone, post, text or email.
- Send you information and updates regarding your order.
- Inform you of any upcoming promotions or designer events. We will only do this if you give us your explicit permission.
- Manage and protect our site security, particularly to detect and prevent fraud.
We may keep a written or electronic record of your contact history with us such as one to one conversations, phone calls or email.
We may use information about the device you use to view our site.
This will be information you give us when you browse our site, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website. This will allow us to:
- Provide protection for our site.
- Help to improve our site.
We will use information from accounts you link to us. This will be in instances where you link your Twitter, Facebook or other social media accounts to us. This will allow us to provide you with product recommendations we believe you may like.
*Please note, you are not obliged to provide this personal data to us. But, the most important thing is you have a choice whether you want us to have this data or not and you can easily inform us if you change your mind at any point after consenting to providing your data.*
We also anonymise and accumulate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including research, data analysis and improving our site.
We may also share this information with third parties.
Your personal data will be processed using IT and electronic tools, mainly via electronic and automated means or we will use paper documentation e.g. through our order forms.
How We Will Use Your Data If You’re Only Browsing Our Site
When users visit and view the site, we do not generally collect personal data, save as to “browsing data”. The platform which the site is made available to users automatically records some browsing data, such as the name of the internet access provider, the site of origin, pages visited, date and duration of the visit, etc. Such information allows you to access the site and use certain services, though this browsing data may also be aggregated and then used by us anonymously to test that the site is functioning properly.
Sharing Your Data
We will not sell any of your personal individual data which we hold to third parties – this includes but is not limited to your name, address, email address or payment information.
However, there are times when it will be necessary to share your data. This is our statement which explains the categories of third parties we will share your data with in order to deliver our services to you:
- Companies that are involved in getting your order to you, i.e. suppliers, courier services (if you need delivery of goods) and payment service providers.
- Companies who provide us services which help our business function such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts.
- Credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies if necessary, so we can help tackle fraud.
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us).
In any case, we undertake to provide such third parties only with the data necessary to perform the duties and activities assigned to them. We also undertake to do everything in our power to ensure that these companies use the data received exclusively for the purposes indicated by us and in compliance with the applicable regulations on personal data processing.
If, at the time of registering your details or processing your order with us, you opt-in and consent to our marketing messages, we may send you information via email text or post to keep you informed of promotional events or product updates.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing or product update information, you can stop them at any time by contacting us using the contact details available on our website or writing to us at [email protected]
You are also free at any time to opt-out of receiving such communications by responding to any promotional email to unsubscribe. Once you do this, we will take action to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing or product update information.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates).
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) you are provided statutory rights, we are obliged to inform you these rights include:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (as per our Privacy Notice).
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you (this is by a free subject access request).
- The right to rectify inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which is explained above, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
Connection to Third-Party Websites and Services
This site may contain banners, advertising messages and advertisements of third parties.
Changes to this Document
We employ security measures to protect your personal information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage, however, the transmission of information using Wi-Fi networks and cellular data networks may not be completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us using our website.
Keeping Your Data
We will store your data for as long as you hold an account with us or as long as is needed to provide our service to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with us) for as long as is necessary to provide support. We will store your personal data securely for the duration of your contract with us and 6 months after the date of the goods being provided to you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required.
Cookies are small files of data that are downloaded onto your electronic device used to access websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies do not harm your computer. If you would like to learn more about cookies in general, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- For technical purposes essential for the operation of this website.
- To distinguish you from other users of this website, so we can personalise your shopping experience.
- To collect statistical information about how visitors use this website, so we can improve the way this website works and measure the success of competitions and campaigns.